Thursday, April 15, 2021

YouTube Milestones

I reached 2k subscribers on YouTube, AND I got my first payment for being monetized! 😻😭💕

I am a paid YouTuber! 🙌🏻 


I’ve been doing YouTube since 2015, and it took me 5 years to get the first 1k subs. It only took 7 months to get the next 1k. That just blows me away. 


Obviously, I haven’t been doing this for fame or recognition, because for the first 5 years I didn’t have much of an audience. I also haven’t been doing YouTube for the money either, because until TODAY I have not made a penny doing YouTube. Not a single cent! 


I’ve been doing this for YEARS. I put my heart into every video, and I’ve done this because I love it. It’s fun. It brings me joy, and amazingly it brings other people joy too. 


I actually first got into YouTube (starting out by making music covers) because I was suffering through my insomnia and wanted a late night hobby. 


Then I started sharing about my health journey, how I was chronically ill thru my teens, how I almost died, how my friend (who had the same illnesses) did die. 


Eventually, once I found healing I got to start sharing about how I healed, how I got into remission, how I’ve found peace and joy in life despite everything I’ve been through. 


In 2020 I finally started to share about my spirituality and how that’s not only a massive part of who I am, but that it’s a part of how I healed, and how I’ve found so much happiness. 


When I say I put my heart into every video, I really mean that. 


As a person who spent most of my life hiding parts who I am, or being alone, it has been so healing to share. It has also been so healing to be seen, and to be heard. I can’t even express how rewarding it is that my sharing has actually helped other people too. 


For YEARS people have left comments or sent me messages thanking me for my sharing. They share such vulnerable things with me about how they relate to my life experiences, how my sharing has helped them feel less alone, how it’s inspired them, or uplifted them.  


I have cried so many happy years over the years reading the things people send me. There have been many times where the kind words of strangers reminds me why I’m still here too. 


Basically, this is my long-winded version of saying thank you for being a part of my journey. Thank you for the overwhelming amount of kind words, support, encouragement, and sometimes even prayers for my healing. Thank you for the love. 


I’m so grateful to be doing things that I love and am passionate about. 🙏🏻💗


Obviously, I’ve been happy doing this for free, but money is an unexpected cherry on top. 🍒 

Making money as a YouTuber... Ha! How surreal?! I really never expected this. But I’m grateful. 💕


Thank you. 



My YouTube Channel


Covers (my start on YouTube)


Health & Healing Videos


Spiritual Videos 



Ps. I wanted to share the Facebook Memory notification I got today too. 6 years later, to the day. From the most invisible I've ever felt, to here. The invisible girl is finally being seen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment