Monday, August 1, 2016

"I'm falling to pieces"

I haven't played any music or done any covers for about 2 months, and that's mostly because my brother's living back up in his room. I usually do covers late at night and I blast music and sing and can be loud because no one's on my side of the house, but with him living there I've had to be super quiet late at night. He's gone for a week, and the first night he was gone I blasted music, sang and did a cover. Gotta make up for lost time haha.
I did a really long intro to this, just explaining what I'm singing this about. I really wanted to talk about it, and I felt like it would be cool to actually talk about it and not just write about it for once. So, I pretty much say it all in the intro.
I've felt really connected to this song lately. It's felt really relevant, and the fact that it used to be one of my favorite songs before I got sick just makes it mean that much more to me. It's really bittersweet for it to mean something so different and sad to me now, but it's kind of beautiful in a way.

I feel the lyrics to this song so much...I hope that shows through, and I hope what I'm singing it about shows through too.

(these are some of the most relevant lines to me)

"I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing"

"Just prayed to a god that I don't believe in"

"While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping"

"They say bad things happen for a reason, but no wise words gonna stop the bleeding"

"...I'm still grieving"

"When a heartbreaks no it don't break even"

"What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?"

"I'm falling to pieces"



No comments:

Post a Comment